Monday, January 02, 2006

 

Jeans and Tags

A few days ago I got a new pair of jeans at the mall. They are very comfortable, and actually long enough, which is sometimes hard to find. The problem is that when I got home I spent five minutes de-tagging them. Why in the world did one pair of jeans need that many tags?

Well, the first thought I had was that the people who make and sell jeans put so many tags on them to discourage shop-lifting. I can just imagine someone trying to take a pair of jeans out of a store sneakily while trying to disengage all those little plastic tags and string and paper and stickers. I don't think it would work very well: the tags triumph!

At whatever factory the basic jean is made, they of course attach a tag. But then the jeans (I assume—I actually have no idea what hoops jeans have to jump through before they reach the public) pass through a lot of other levels before they reach the store, and each level, of course, attaches another tag to tell everyone how wonderful those jeans are. Our jeans have bazillions of tags because they are decorated with them like medals as every lable and every perk of our jeans is stuck to them.

Jeans have a lot of tags to be removed before they are initiated into our lives. Whatever the reason for jeans having so much attached to them, freeing our pants of tags can—conceivably—be a trial that unites jean and wearer with a bond of drudgery safely got through.

Comments:
Wow Camillia this is an awesome blog! I think jeans have tags because tags stands for Terrific Amazing Great and Superior
...maybe :)So I think I'll put a tag on your blogs ;)

How was your day?
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?