Monday, April 10, 2006
Bedlam! Yes!
I love living in a big family! With a mom, a dad, a grandpa, four girls and three boys living under one roof, there is always someone to talk to. There is also always enough going on that if I need something to do, I never look far. There is also always someone to help me with homework or yard work.
I learn such interesting things in a big family—how to respond to people older and younger than I am, for one. I also get to hear all sorts of interesting conversations and the staunchly stated views of many people.
I have accumulated some very valuable skills from living in a big family. As a result of having two loudly declared opinion-holding sisters and being jumped on when I was younger, I always think before I speak. Most of the time. Although, of course, I can't give them all the credit.
In a big family there are a lot of resources—if I have a question or need information I have multiple people’s brains to pick--Katy is the computer wiz, Dad knows sports, Papa can fix anything, Luke knows Power Rangers, etc; and whatever no one else knows, my mom does.
I love my family! I don’t know how I could cope without them and the chaos that is inadvertently in our house and at our heels.
I learn such interesting things in a big family—how to respond to people older and younger than I am, for one. I also get to hear all sorts of interesting conversations and the staunchly stated views of many people.
I have accumulated some very valuable skills from living in a big family. As a result of having two loudly declared opinion-holding sisters and being jumped on when I was younger, I always think before I speak. Most of the time. Although, of course, I can't give them all the credit.
In a big family there are a lot of resources—if I have a question or need information I have multiple people’s brains to pick--Katy is the computer wiz, Dad knows sports, Papa can fix anything, Luke knows Power Rangers, etc; and whatever no one else knows, my mom does.
I love my family! I don’t know how I could cope without them and the chaos that is inadvertently in our house and at our heels.
Comments:
<< Home
So tru so true! Families are amazing! Enjoy living under the same roof while it lasts. My family used to be like yours...under the same full of resources, but now I'm the only one left. Oh well families are srill pretty amazing!
I love your blog, Camilla! And I'm so grateful for someone else that feels the same way about big families! Although often hard and chaotic, it is such a blessing! Thanks for your inspiring thoughts!
--Hannah
Post a Comment
--Hannah
<< Home
