Monday, December 19, 2005

 

Red and Green Forever! An Out-pouring of My Adoration for Christmas

Christmas is so wonderful. Sometimes it takes me a while to get into the Christmas spirit, but once I do, there is nothing like Christmas. Consider the festive atmosphere, the decorations, the food, the messages, the family, the relief, the singing, the excitment of little kids.

One reason I look forward to Christmas, base as it is, is the respite from other stuff that is usually routine. A time to relax! A time to breath! A time to get enough hours of sleep--except, of course, on Christmas Eve. We do need holidays, especially in winter when our spirits get low.

Family! Christmas is the time to tickle young children until they scream for mercy--actually, probably until right before they scream, otherwise you get in trouble. One of my teachers puts miseltoe all around the house so that he can kiss his wife all the time. (One of my other teachers said that it is ironic that we kiss under miseltoe, but he wouldn't tell us why; so I charge you to find out why.) A lot of times Christmas is the only time of the year I see family from farther away. I am very lucky; all of my grandparents live close, and every Christmas Eve we get together to read and act out the nativity scene.

We are always reminded the real reason for Christmas. It is for children, and for happy times and showing love, gift giving and gift receiving, decorations, food. But first and formost, Christmas is the celebration of Jesus Christ's birth--the beginning of his ministry, his love, his Atonement, his peace. Even with the cold, the snow, the runny noes and the frozen feet, standing outside to see a live nativity is worth the discomfort. It is incredible. It is all that is joy.

Hurray for Christmas! Hurray for the season, it doesn't matter what holiday you celebrate: this is the most splendid time of the year. Merry Christmas! Feliz Navidad! Joyeux Noel! Happy Hannukah! Happy Kwanzaa! And if I knew how to say it anyother way, I would.

Comments:
Yes! Yes! Merry Christmas!! Whoo hoo!!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?