Monday, March 20, 2006
Why Everyone Gets Sick in Winter:
Today I used up about a twelve-foot tall tree in Kleenex. It was surprising. I had packed away about a fifty-foot tall tree in Kleenex in preparation for the day and it is surprising that I only used twelve feet. ;)
I am sick today. So is more than half the world. I am not surprised about that either. It is winter—in winter people get sick. This phenomenon is really very easily explained.
It is winter. (Actually it is officially Spring—but if you look at the weather rather than the calendar, it is cold and snowy and that means winter.) In winter we get sick because our bodies have a self-preservation instinct and assume (sometimes wrongly, as in today for me) that if we get sick we will stay in our houses where it is comfortable and not go outside where it is an icy, cold world of mishaps on our un-iced front walks.
Secondly, we all get sick in winter because we are a sympathetic species and we like to keep each other company in our Kleenex-ridden state of sickness.
And finally, everyone gets sick in winter to remind us how much we really do love our health and to be even more excited for Spring in which we will dance in the grass and sunshine and make flowers out of our Kleenex.
I am sick today. So is more than half the world. I am not surprised about that either. It is winter—in winter people get sick. This phenomenon is really very easily explained.
It is winter. (Actually it is officially Spring—but if you look at the weather rather than the calendar, it is cold and snowy and that means winter.) In winter we get sick because our bodies have a self-preservation instinct and assume (sometimes wrongly, as in today for me) that if we get sick we will stay in our houses where it is comfortable and not go outside where it is an icy, cold world of mishaps on our un-iced front walks.
Secondly, we all get sick in winter because we are a sympathetic species and we like to keep each other company in our Kleenex-ridden state of sickness.
And finally, everyone gets sick in winter to remind us how much we really do love our health and to be even more excited for Spring in which we will dance in the grass and sunshine and make flowers out of our Kleenex.
Comments:
<< Home
Wow Camilla nice blog! This is phenominal:"everyone gets sick in winter to remind us how much we really do love our health." You're so positive! Well I hope you feel better.
Ps how was your day?
Post a Comment
Ps how was your day?
<< Home
